Friday, January 19, 2018

G8, P12: The Need For Other-World Police Stations


"Hi, I'd like to purchase a round-trip ticket to Shang Simla. .......... No, just one. .................. Yes, I'm traveling alone, I can't stand any of these people, I'm sure as hell not going on vacation with one of them!"

Last chapter, Stella finally got to grow up after being murdered no less than 4 times during her adolescence. She wished to travel to China, so now that she's almost done with her latest kill streak (we'll get Shawn and Raven later), I let her go.

Remembering what happened the last time the Foxes traveled, I cleaned out Stella's inventory. I let her take the car, but no death flowers, books, and whatever other crap she had in there.

I do make Virginia give her a Potent Friendship, and a Potent Invigorating elixir to take with her.


"Finally, some time to myself!"

She's excited. Honest.


"So what is there to do here?"

She did not roll any wishes so I had her check the board.


"Hmmmm.  Well, this one looks kind of neat. I mean, 'dragon cave', that's got to be cool, right?"


Off you go, kiddo.


"Biggest damn door I've ever seen! Are there real dragons in here?'


"What the hell's this shit?"

Gem dust, pick it up.

"Gem DUST? What do you want that for? Where the fuck do you expect me to put it?"

You're collecting whatever we can sell. Just pick it up and put it in your inventory. Christ.

"It's gonna get everywhere."


"Hey, we've got one of these in the house!"


"Ooooooo, shiny!!"


No.

"WHAT?"

We can't sell them, we can't even delete them from your inventory. All they are good for is purchasing crap I can get in buydebug. Move on.

"Pffffft, this whole thing is stupid."


"I cannot believe I'm even doing this."

You're brave, you'll live.


"Heyyy, more ........... shiny dust. Ick. I got what the dude wanted, can I just go now?"

Stella was at an impasse, she couldn't go any further without a key, and had collected everything worth the effort, so I sent her back to Zhan, who was at the martial arts academy.


"You want me to what?"

"Find me these three gems. You should be able to locate them in map view. Collect them all and bring them back to me, and I shall have another quest for you!"

"Yeah, that's what I thought you said."


"Look, um................"

"Zhan."

"Zhan. I'm only here for two and half more days, I'm not wasting time running boring errands for your lazy ass."

"Oh. Well. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!"

"Uh-huh."


Stella gives this martial arts thing a try, in heels no less.


She stops to chat with a family visiting the school.


"Why is this woman paying so much attention to my father?"


She's got a plan.


Thanks to Virginia's Potent Friendship elixir, wooing Ho is a breeze.

Except for.....


........ his wife.

"You Bastard."


To the surprise of no one. Let's see if she gets deported. I sell all the sellable stuff in her inventory and let her have at it.


"Ha-HAAAAAAA!! Bitch, your husband just kissed me and dumped your ugly ass right in front of you!! Bettah check all the mirrors in your house in case they run off, too!"

Stella.


"Okay! Damn. This is a vacation, I'm SUPPOSED to have fun."


Grim: "Wow. This is new. She looks a little young. Heart attack?"

Fox attack.


"Ma'am, I'm sorry to say that Shang Simla has no infrastructure in place to deal with homicidal maniacs such as yourself, so we're....."


"Going to deport me, I know. Here, take the car, I'll get it back in Sunset anyway."

"Um, that's not how it works, Ma'am. You're not going back to Sunset Valley. You're getting banished to the Sim Phantom Zone."

"What the what now?"

Yeah, what the what??

Stella gets into the police car and then .....


I find myself stuck in Shang Simla with no active sim and no ability to click on or interact with anything.


All I can is go into Edit Town and choose a new active household. What I probably should have done was go back to the pre-murder save and just send Stella home, but I wanted to see if there was a workaround.

I chose a household.


"Uh, HELLOOO!! I didn't sign on for this!!"

Hey Biyu!

I needed a way to get back to Sunset Valley.


Once there, Biyu had to choose a house to "vacation" in.


"It's purple."


"Although I suppose it's better than that monstrosity over there."

Edit Town wouldn't allow me to switch to the Fox household, and Stella was not showing up as living there. I ended up using Mastercontroller to switch.


Stella at least showed up on the family tree. It was while clicking around, trying to find a way, any way, to bring her back, that I discovered something brand new (to me).




"That? Was weird."

And she's back.

All of her wishes were gone and she lost all of her inventory, but other than that she seemed fine. It will take me a few sim weeks to see that all is not fine. I was aware that this move may have borked the game, it just took longer than I thought it might to show itself.

For future reference, I think the next time the Foxes travel, be it to a WA world or University, on their arrival I need to go into Edit Town and put a police station in town. I think having somewhere for the arrested sim to go to will solve this problem.

Stella got her groove right back.


"Hello, Shawn."

Shawn's Boyfriend/Husband/Bootycall: "Oh shit, I have a bad feeling about this."


"Goodbye, Shawn."


Shawn: "Hmm, not today, thanks!"

Oh for fuck's sake.


"What is wrong with this chick? Why won't she die?"

I don't know. Try again, then we'll move on.


"Stupid bitch. Like I got nothing better to do."


Getting her evening plans all lined up.


"Is she dying?"


"Nope. I'm feeling pretty damn good!"

Ugh! Fuck it.


I swear, these fuckers think they can defeat ME?

Noel is fairly easy to find.


"Bitch, don't think I don't know what you're doing here."

"Good for you, horseface."


"I was gonna starve to death anywayyyyyyyyy................"


Cheryl is an innocent bystander.


"Is there something behind me?"


Elisha is a role sim currently not in town. So Stella goes home, and Tyler demands attention.


We go into map view and find a house with someone home.


"Yep, this'll do."


Brad: "Really? I was home? THAT was the criteria?"


Tyler: "Sometimes it's even less than that."

Next morning Stella tracks down Elisha at the consignment shop.


"What the hell outfit is that?"

You're in your pajamas.


"Yeah but I look good."


"And where is the perpetrator?"

She left. I can offer you a screaming woman in labor.


"No thanks, I've got a murderer to apprehend! Not rain, nor sleet, nor snow shall...."


"Ah screw it. I'm not going all that way in the rain."

And Stella eludes capture.


Tyler wants to off his boss. You have to wait until you are both out of work, sweetheart.



Stella will not be outdone.


Dan's been a bartender for far too long.


"You're holding that hammer wrong."


"Hey, where's y'alls ladies room?"

"Find it yourself, lady, I'm dying here!"


"Oh come on! I tipped you an' everythang!!"


"Ahh, a nice sunny day. That's what I'm talkin' about."


Meanwhile, Virginia meets someone at the library.

"I'm a musician. Well, I don't make any money with it, yet, but it seems like a great way to meet people."



"Hold still!"

"What? What are you doing?!!?"


"Oh. YAY! I love making new friends!"


Lester is brand new to town, he didn't even have an SO to break up with.


Damn, girl.


"Are you sure your family is going to like me?"

"Try not to worry about it. They'll ........... get used to you."


Here's the new boy.

Lester was so new that he didn't have a job, so I had him join the music career when he wished to.

Tyler gets out of work.


"Hey Milton, it's Tyler! ........... Yeah, how about you come on over and see our party room in person? ...... Cool! I'll see you soon."


"Wow, this is a big house! This will be really fun!"


"Guess what, Milt?"

"What?"


"I'm getting a new boss."


"What on earth are you talking about?"


"Bye, Milt."

"*gasp* You're fired!!"

"*snort* Yeah right."

Criminal bosses don't seem to wield that sort of power.


"What happened when Gene Simmons visited the Virgin Islands?"

"Who are you?"


"They became The Islands!!"

"................................. Seriously, kid. Who the hell are you?"


"Um, I'm Lester, Virginia's boyfriend."

"You gotta be kidding me."

Way to make a first impression, man. Did Virginia NOT tell you about her father?

"Uh, no."

Oh dear.


Leanna: "I'm starting to see why there's always job openings here."


"Aw, don't be scared, Leanna! It'll be over soon."


"YOU CRAZY BITCH!!!"

I don't think she's scared, Stel.


"I don't even like this job."


"Pffft. Dumb bitch."

Coming up next chapter, I swear this generation finally ends, and we see the last of Generation Seven.






No comments:

Post a Comment